Thursday, March 27, 2014

Lighthouse

In my wrestling and in my doubts
In my failures you won't walk out
Your great love will lead me through

You are the peace in my troubled sea
You are the peace in my troubled sea

In the silence you won't let go
In the questions Your truth will hold

Your great love will lead me through

You are the peace in my troubled sea
You are the peace in my troubled sea

My lighthouse My lighthouse
Shining in the darkness I will follow you
My lighthouse My lighthouse
I will trust the promise
You will carry me safe to shore

Rend Collective

He does not walk out. We receive him and he never leaves us. He never forsakes us.

Our minds can wander. Satan tries to deceive. The enemy is crafty and wants to pull us away from Jesus. We get lost in our sea of selfishness. My selfish desire to just turn it off. But that's the tricky part.

Isolation leads to destruction.  We feed the lies of the enemy in isolation.

Jesus knows us better than we know ourselves.  We must know ourselves in Christ better than Satan knows us. When the doubt comes we ride the truth of Jesus.

Hide God's word in your heart. It is with this strength and power that we fight our depravity.

The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you they are full of the Spirit and life.  John 6:63

In my doubt I dwell on this.

And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. John 6:39.

Lose=fail to save. Jesus will not fail to save us. He will not lose us. God's will in sending Jesus is so we are not lost.

Do not let lies and darkness guide you. But look to the Lighthouse to carry you safe to shore.

(My computer died while typing this post. Was determined to not let the enemy win so I typed it on my phone. Excuse the spelling errors!)



No comments: