Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Beautiful

We were at Target walking down the shoe isle. I was getting very irritated with Madi because she was not paying attention or minding me. She was pulling shoes off the rack and asking to buy every flip flop they make. My breaking point came when she laid down on the floor of Target. I turned around and with a very mean voice told her she needed to "get up off that floor NOW!!" I did not realize what she was doing until after I said that. She was lying on the floor looking at herself in the mirror they have on the shoe stools. You know the ones we sit on to try on our shoes and then look at our feet in the mirror. She was smiling at herself in the mirror and her response to me was "OK Mama, but I so beautiful." What could I say to that? I started laughing the second it came out of her mouth. She was soooo precious lying on that floor. Time stopped for me at that moment. I just watched her looking at herself and was reminded just how special she is to me.

No comments: