Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Fight

Some days are hard. It's hard to get up. What is the purpose of starting again with the day. God is so big and so powerful and we are so small and so insignificant. How is it that one person, on one day, can impact this place? How will I impact this time and this place?

Then I remember who my enemy really is.

12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities,against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Ephesians 6:12

We are at war. We struggle everyday to get up and fight. We put on the full armor of God and prepare for battle. The greater the obedience, the harder the fight. And this is our defense. 

1. Scripture
2. Immediate obedience

I find that when I know God is calling me to be obedient and I don't it makes me feel separated. We all lived among it at one time. "Gratifying the cravings of our flesh and following its desires and thoughts." Ephesians 2:3. 

But we are created for a different purpose. We are created for God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. Ephesians 2:10

Do you see what that says? You are created for a work that was planned before you even thought of it. EVERY SINGLE ONE. 

Yes you have a work to complete. What are you fighting for? Get up. Pull on your big girl panties and fight for your cause! 

Remember when you were separated from Christ? Excluded from citizenship? Without Hope? Without God in your world? 

But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near by the blood of Christ. 

We miss so many because we assume so much. This is a war for our salvation. Living in this world with beauty and love instead of ugliness and hate. We hold ourselves to a different standard. To not bring it up. Not talk unless it's things of motherhood and makeup. What if our conversations changed to Christ? What if our talk was that of healing and hope for those who have none. This is real. There are people who are lost even when they look like it's all together. 

I WAS ONE OF THEM. God has asked. Obey. What will it do? I will tell you. It will lead you to a life of purpose. This life that God says he planned for you. Our time here is short and our purpose has eternal consequences. The luxury of waiting on someone else to step up has come and gone. 

It is terrifying to me. It is hard to speak of Jesus in the midst of a selfish world. I couldn't even mutter His name much less proclaim that He is my savior. But once the light shines in your darkness, you want it to shine for the rest. Fear is not an option anymore. At least not for me. I can't stand up without the help of my savior. But He promises He will never leave me. 

If we as a generation of women do not stand up for our sisters and friends then who else will? 

No comments: