Friday, January 10, 2014

Thankful

If you are anything like me, then sometimes you get depressed about what you don't have. You have "that person" or maybe even "those people." You know. The person that has everything you want or does everything right. Constantly comparing yourself is exhausting. I know because I did that. Like ALL THE TIME. Instead of peace I was in turmoil. It's so hard to not get caught up in the game. We set the standard to live by our neighbor and not by our savior.

 I loved to relish in my despair of "it's not good enough." I drove myself crazy and resented the people that I loved. I did not even know that my heart could feel a different way. But now I know true contentment. When you have nothing left you rejoice even for the junk! My heart has had a makeover. No matter that the furniture doesn't match. No matter that every wall is white. No matter that that the backsplash is pink and green. No matter that the dishwasher and stove are 1980.

 When you have nothing you are grateful for everything. What if this concept was kept when we find ourselves in self pity? Grateful for everything. Thankful for everything. Instead of focusing on what we don't have, focusing on what we do have. The minute I knew I could have lost my girls was the minute I understood what is real. They are real. They are worth getting worked up about. My lack of things is not.

  Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as his children. For what children are not disciplined by their father? If you are not disciplined-then you are not legitimate, not true sons and daughters at all. Moreover, we have all had human fathers who disciplined us and we respected them for it. How much more should we submit to the Father of spirits and live! They disciplined us for a little while as they thought best; but God disciplines us for our good, in order that we may share in his holiness. Hebrews12:7-10

I know that the lessons learned from this hardship are part of my journey to holiness. I pray daily that I will continue to be shaped and molded into the follower of Christ that I meant to be. May I be disciplined and may I submit to my Fathers way that I can continue to truly LIVE. I am loved. I am Thankful. I am His.

Our New Rental

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Kristen,
I'm so happy to hear that y'all were able to get into a place. I'm so glad you are sharing your story. .for many reasons. It has touched me during one of my rougher times in my life. May God continue to bless you, Josh, Madi and Abi. Blessings, Amy

MaMa K said...

Amy I'm glad that it has helped you in some way! Gods peace with you during your struggles.