Thursday, January 16, 2014

Hope

God has given me a vision. A very clear and very detailed vision. I said YES to Boldness. I said YES to obedience. The vision has come but the HOW, the WHO and the WHEN  have not yet come.

God has covered my eyes and my heart with a blindfold until the big reveal. I know this is going to be huge. I know that when it starts it's going to be full steam ahead. I feel this, deep down in my bones. I'm taking a leap here. I'm also terrified of failure. I'm so scared that I will disappoint and screw up. Sometimes I second guess God.

But I cannot afford to second guess God. I cannot afford to go back to the dark. I covet the light. He is my light in the darkness that was my soul. I will not let my enemy win this battle. Satan is fighting dirty. God says go ahead, Christ now claims her soul.

I had a spiritual encounter at work on Saturday. I've been praying constantly about this vision. It's messing me up. I had the book Nehemiah come to my mind Saturday night. It's like a blue print for mission. I had never even looked in this book before. The next night my co-worker told me that she was compelled to tell me to read Nehemiah. WOW. We ended up "having church" for like the next 5 hours.

God puts this mission on Nehemiah's heart. The Bible says that he was very disturbed to hear the news about the destruction of the wall and the state of  Jerusalem. So disturbed that  he wept.  He wants to rebuild the wall. To make it grand again. To make it safe again. To bring the people home. He just doesn't know the HOW, the WHO and the WHEN.

God uses a pagan king to give Nehemiah the resources to re- build the wall. There were over 40 sections that were built by different people. This was not just one man. This was a community. God gives one person the vision and the resources but it takes an entire community to get it done.

This was a miracle after reading how many people built different parts. It was complete in 52 days. 1.6 miles of wall. "and not a gap was left in it." When God leads you in your plans, there is no weakness in the product.

The opposition to this wall was great. The enemy schemed, lied, confused, deceived and intimidated. But they did not give in. "the people worked with all their heart." They were afraid many times. Sometimes the intimidation was more than they wanted to handle.

Here was the rally cry from Nehemiah, "Don't be afraid of them. Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your families, your sons and your daughters, your wives and your homes."

When the wall was finished this is what happened. "When all our enemies heard about this, all the surrounding nations were afraid and lost their self confidence, because they realized that this work had been done with the help of our God."

I can not live life in fear of failure. When God calls us to a mission and we accept with all our heart, He will see it through. Although I don't know how this is going to work or who is coming on this journey with me, I know that my King has my back. My enemy will not win this battle. I say YES to the stripping down of my desires and the filling up of Jesus.

I have 1.5 Acres of land that will someday house more than the McGinns. God has given us a vision and all 4 of us choose to say YES.

Jeremiah 29:11-14
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the Lord, and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you, declares the Lord, and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile."

No comments: