Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Rooted

There's a stirring deep within me. Could it be my time has come?

When I'll see my gracious savior.

Face to Face when all is done.

Is that his voice I am hearing?

" Come away my precious one."

Is he calling me? Is he calling me?

I will rise up! I will rise up!

And I'll bow down

And lay my crown

At his wounded feet.

These lyrics are playing over and over in my mind. There is a stirring. And He is calling me. I have laid down my crown. My life that was so consumed by me. So comfortable in my misery. Anger. Bitterness. Hate. I hid it well. Oh so well.

But I could no longer hide from Him. He was calling me. Day after day. Whispering my name in the quite places of my soul. But my flesh wanted what my flesh wanted.

The change that can happen when you lay down your crown. You are no longer the ruler. You are not longer the queen. You are a servant of this gospel by the gift of God's grace given to you through the working of his POWER! Ephesians 3:1

I can testify that it is the best life you can have. Become a Prisoner for the Lord. Replace that emotion, whatever it may be for you, for being completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Ephesians 4:1-2

What if you could trade off all the anger and hurt for joy. Friends I am telling you that you can. The only way to life is through Christ.

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being; so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you , being rooted and established in love, may have power together with all the Lord's holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge-that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Ephesians 3:16-19

The concept is real. What if we started to come together as a community of believers to grasp this concept of Christ love. What if we were Christ in the center of Pearland. Instead of fixing our eyes on what we can do for ourselves, what if Christ works through us to touch the broken. You are encountering brokenness in every person. We all have something that needs the love of the Lord's holy people. God says it plain as day. There is power in the community of holy.

Holy is set apart. Different from the rest. When you say Yes to God, you say Yes to Holy. I strive for holiness. I strive for different. I strive to lay down my crown every day.

I want to be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. We have been called out. Separated.

There is a stirring. It's all around me. God has big plans up ahead. Plans to prosper you and to not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11





No comments: