Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Madi!!





Madison turns 3 on the 17th. We had her birthday party on Friday at Chuck E. Cheese. I made her a princess cake and we had a princess party. We invited a couple of friends from school and did not have that great of a turn out, but it didn't matter to her. She had a blast anyway. That is the cool thing about being little. You just don't really know about having your feelings hurt yet. Luke was there and her friend Parker from school. Of course Abi and Brady came too, but they aren't as fun to play with yet. I just wanted to post a few pictures from her day. She was so excited about this day for about a month. Now it is all over and I wonder if she is going to ask us when she gets to go to her party at Chuck E. Cheese! She has a habit of asking to do things that we have already done. I will say that it was probably the most stress free birthday party I have planned. And to be honest I don't think it would have made a difference if we had 50 kids running around. The parents are the only ones who would have noticed. So then I started thinking about birthday parties. I think at this age it is more about making us feel we are giving our child the best birthday ever and not so much about what our kids think is the best party. I know I struggled with this when deciding to invite only four children. My husband had to remind me to not get upset if it was just us at the party. I have to admit I was on the verge of having a melt down when only two kids came, but to my amazement I was the only one who felt that way. So from now on I will try not to be to obsessive over the toddler birthday party.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Angie said...

It was a very fun time! You're right, the kids had a blast and that is all that matters. After all, it is their birthday...not ours!