Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Jesus Is Better Than My Blog

Let me start this post by saying I did not really understand the blog world until recently. The more that I read different blogs, the more I realize that I find myself wishing I could be as "cool" or comparing what I do to what they do. I have debated not reading blogs anymore or stopping it all together. I then decided that there are several key reasons I need blogging in my life.

I have family memebers who read my blog. They apparently like seeing my children and like to know what is going on in my life. I also like reading the blogs about being a mom because it motivates me to do the best job I can do, and Jesus gave me this position for a purpose. I like hearing about the faith of these christian women online. I will say that it has strengthened me in my walk with Christ. My desire to be more like Jesus. Plus what else would I do at 3:00am when everyone else is asleep?

Proverbs 27:17 (New International Version)17 As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another

So in the world of blog there are people who are for a lack of better word, popular. Some are this way I feel because God leads them to post things that people need to hear. They have hundreds and thousands of people who follow them just to read the next thing they have to say. I find myself wishing to have that type of popularity as well. They seem to be so much more together and better than me on my meager little blog. This is such a satan lie. We have to stop that type of thinking dead in its tracks when it starts. God uses different people in different ways to reach people for His kingdom. He knows how He does use and will use me in my life.

Tonight a dear friend was very excited about the fact that a certain blogger posted a comment on my blog. She asked me how I "got" her to post a comment. I have to admit that when that came out of her mouth I felt pride. I felt like my worth was in getting people to leave comments on my blog. This may not be a big deal for some people but for me it is. I have struggled my whole life with thinking people don't want to be my friend. I don't know why this is, I just know that I have always felt inadequate when it comes to people. It was also a big deal because I hold this friend in high esteem. She has a very prestigous job and she is very smart. I have felt inadequate compared to her. When she looked at me and thought WOW she is so cool, I wanted to set up camp in that pride and live in it. I was quickly humbled by the fact that I really didn't do anything besides ask for advice in my own life and someone cared enough to respond.

This has got me thinking about my walk with the Lord. Who is the greatest friend we can have. Jesus. His comment on our life is the only comment that matters. The advice He gives is the greatest advice of all. The best thing about this is that everyone can stand before God on the day they are called home and say "Jesus was my greatest friend." I pray that everyday God will use me to show people what they can have in Him. I pray that I keep as the main focus of my life the greatest command, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart with your soul with all your mind." Matthew 22:37.

I am overcome by the fact that God wants to know me personally. He wants to walk with me everyday and love on me everyday. He longs for me to speak to him and hear when He answers. God loves me so much that he sent His son to die for me.

This is my prayer for anyone who reads this. God spoke this verse to me last night when I needed to hear it the most. I pray that it reaches you.

So, as the Holy Spirit says: "Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts as you did in the rebellion, during the time of testing in the desert, where your fathers tested and tried me and for forty years saw what I did. Hebrews 3:7-9 See to it brothers, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. But encourage one anther daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness. We have come to share in Christ if we hold firmly till the end he confidence we had at first. Hebrews 3:12-14.

4 comments:

Angie said...

You made me cry!
You are so right in what you say. I am glad you wrote that to help everyone get back in focus to what our "real" mission in life really is. I can't wait until you can be off on Sundays again and come back to church...that's kinda what our sermons have been about lately.
Soon!

Katie said...

What a great post! Thank you for sharing your insight. Also thanks for leading life group last night on such short notice. Hopefully soon my family will all be well and we can back into the swing of things! See you soon.

Amy said...

What a beautiful post!

Tina Thomas said...

I am so blessed to have read your blog today. Jesus is better than your blog, but your blog is better than mine. PLEASE keep writing! Do it for your family, do it for yourself, do it for God's glory. You are an amazing woman.