Friday, February 6, 2009

Our First Hair Cut

Last night I decided to give Abi a new haircut. She was looking like she had a mullet and I didn't want to repeat the hairstyle I had circa 1985. I still look at photos and shudder. So as I was doing this last night I wondered when I was going to get the experience of my children cutting their own hair. I remember my brother doing this when he wanted a flat top. He got really close to one, but just in the front. I also cut my own hair, but I did it because I wanted bangs hair sprayed ten inches into the air.

I certainly did not think it would happen at age 3. This morning Madi got the scissors that mommy forgot to put up last night. It was seconds before she had her hair and her sisters hair cut off. She was proud to announce, with scissors in hand, that she gave Abi a haircut.

I was in the bathroom and was alerted to the fun by my husband screaming my name. I thought someone had chopped off a finger and was bleeding onto the carpet. Well needless to say he was not happy with me for leaving the scissors out. I will NOT be doing that
again! I am thankful that she did not cut her curls off. I think I would be crying and unable to work tonight had that happened.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Angie said...

actually madi did better than some of the hairdressers i have used! i love the first picture of them! how cute!